Monday

Downton Abbey Cross Stitch

Downton Abbey Cross Stitch
As a fan of the TV series Downton Abbey I thought I'd combine my love of the show with my love of cross stitch and so I created this mini cushion which is 6" square.  It was very challenging trying to get all the detail of Highclere Castle (the setting used as Downton Abbey) into such a small space but that's the part I enjoy when designing my little cushions.  There are so many windows but I managed to fit the majority into the design.
I liked the way you could see the castle through the trees when it's shown on the TV so I framed the design with the silhouettes of tree branches.  I've added this mini cushion to my website now and it's available as either a kit, or a chart-only pack by clicking on this link: A Visit to Downton Abbey Cross Stitch Kit

As the design is square I thought I'd produce a set of coasters to add to my gift shop - they are printed to look like cross stitch but the picture is sealed inside the acrylic coaster.  They are available by clicking on this link to my website: Set of 4 Downton Abbey coasters .
I think there may be some interest from US customers for this design as I know there is a large fan base out there.
So, it wasn't the April Flower of the Month or the new Chic Boutique mini cushion that came next! I snuck this Downton Abbey one in!  What one will be next?

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in a needlepoint pillow pattern , 17 x 15 inches calong@mac.com

    ReplyDelete