Tuesday

Matryoshka - first kit of 2011


I've added my first kit of 2011 to my webshop at last! It's titled 'Enchanting Matryoshka' and features the faces of 4 of the nesting Russian dolls. Matryoshka is the Russian name for these dolls - where the largest doll splits in half to reveal another doll inside, which splits in half to reveal yet another doll inside and so on! I have always loved these wooden dolls since I first saw a row of about 10 of them sitting on a friends shelf when I was little. I have several sets of these dolls now which I display on my own shelf at home.

I loved designing the floral patterns in this mini cushion as I tried to make them as vibrant as the traditional painted dolls and I added a touch of backstitch to help define some of the detail in the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment